Woman arrested after man left fighting for life near A13 in Barking
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a man was found on the A13 fighting for his life.
Paramedics called the police to Gascoigne Road, Barking, at 2.11pm yesterday after receiving reports there was an injured man in the road.
A Met spokesman said: "A 33-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder. She remains in custody at an east London police station."
The man, who police believe to be in his early thirties, was taken to hosptial suffering from head injuries.
The Met spokesman said he remains in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are also looking into the possibility the man may have fallen from a moving vehicle.
- 1 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 4 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Deadline looming to comment on proposed constituency changes
- 8 Arts centre in Barking selects artists for Black Art Matters project
- 9 Barking sign three and continue pre season preparations
- 10 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London