Woman arrested after man left fighting for life near A13 in Barking
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a man was found on the A13 fighting for his life.
Paramedics called the police to Gascoigne Road, Barking, at 2.11pm yesterday after receiving reports there was an injured man in the road.
A Met spokesman said: "A 33-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder. She remains in custody at an east London police station."
The man, who police believe to be in his early thirties, was taken to hosptial suffering from head injuries.
The Met spokesman said he remains in a critical condition.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are also looking into the possibility the man may have fallen from a moving vehicle.
- 1 Jailed: Dagenham man who took part in racist robbery which left man needing facial reconstruction
- 2 Wates Residential wins contract to build 400 homes in Barking
- 3 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 4 Have your say on the future of the Barking and Dagenham Post
- 5 Man fined £700 after throwing away cigarette outside Barking station
- 6 Barking mum: 'Wood falling from truck could have killed me or my kids'
- 7 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 8 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 9 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 10 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham