Woman charged over death of Chadwell Heath stab victim
A 24-year-old woman has been charged with murder after a man was stabbed to death in Chadwell Heath.
Annie Merrilees, 24, of Dunwich Court, Glandford Way, will appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today.
A murder investigation was launched after Dean Williamson, 31, died from a stab wound to his chest on Tuesday, December 17.
Police were called at 11pm to reports of an injured man and found Mr Williamson.
He was treated at the scene and taken to hospital but was pronounced dead at shortly after 1.45am.
You may also want to watch:
A 30-year-old woman who lives opposite the flat said she saw him being taken away on a stretcher.
“I was watching it all from my bedroom window,” she said.
- 1 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 2 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 5 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 6 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 7 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 8 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 9 Town hall to decide on bid for Dagenham freeport
- 10 Drug and alcohol abuse by Barking and Dagenham parents and children soars
“I’m very shocked. He was a nice guy. You just don’t expect that to happen on your doorstep.”
The neighbour said police dogs were also on the scene and an ambulance as well as first response car and a number of police cars.
Djurick Ricao, 34, said he saw lots of police standing outside his window, adding: “It’s shocking that it’s happened.
“It’s a terrible thing especially at this time of year — it’s almost Christmas.”
A post-mortem examination at East Ham mortuary yesterday gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the chest.
Another woman, aged 34, was arrested after the incident but has been released without further action.
Officers are not seeking anyone else in connection with the incident at this time.