Woman charged over death of Chadwell Heath stab victim
A 24-year-old woman has been charged with murder after a man was stabbed to death in Chadwell Heath.
Annie Merrilees, 24, of Dunwich Court, Glandford Way, will appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today.
A murder investigation was launched after Dean Williamson, 31, died from a stab wound to his chest on Tuesday, December 17.
Police were called at 11pm to reports of an injured man and found Mr Williamson.
He was treated at the scene and taken to hospital but was pronounced dead at shortly after 1.45am.
A 30-year-old woman who lives opposite the flat said she saw him being taken away on a stretcher.
“I was watching it all from my bedroom window,” she said.
- 1 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 2 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 3 Savvy driver saves ducks who had strayed onto the A13
- 4 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 5 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 8 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
- 9 Dagenham cat with misshapen eye struggles to find home
- 10 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
“I’m very shocked. He was a nice guy. You just don’t expect that to happen on your doorstep.”
The neighbour said police dogs were also on the scene and an ambulance as well as first response car and a number of police cars.
Djurick Ricao, 34, said he saw lots of police standing outside his window, adding: “It’s shocking that it’s happened.
“It’s a terrible thing especially at this time of year — it’s almost Christmas.”
A post-mortem examination at East Ham mortuary yesterday gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the chest.
Another woman, aged 34, was arrested after the incident but has been released without further action.
Officers are not seeking anyone else in connection with the incident at this time.