Woman charged over death of Chadwell Heath stab victim
A 24-year-old woman has been charged with murder after a man was stabbed to death in Chadwell Heath.
Annie Merrilees, 24, of Dunwich Court, Glandford Way, will appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today.
A murder investigation was launched after Dean Williamson, 31, died from a stab wound to his chest on Tuesday, December 17.
Police were called at 11pm to reports of an injured man and found Mr Williamson.
He was treated at the scene and taken to hospital but was pronounced dead at shortly after 1.45am.
You may also want to watch:
A 30-year-old woman who lives opposite the flat said she saw him being taken away on a stretcher.
“I was watching it all from my bedroom window,” she said.
- 1 Watch the moment Dagenham man attacks police officer with sword
- 2 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 3 Vaisakhi observed with ceremony at Barking Town Hall
- 4 Meet the singer drawing global audiences to her Barking living room
- 5 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 6 Survey asks women where they feel unsafe in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 8 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 9 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 10 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
“I’m very shocked. He was a nice guy. You just don’t expect that to happen on your doorstep.”
The neighbour said police dogs were also on the scene and an ambulance as well as first response car and a number of police cars.
Djurick Ricao, 34, said he saw lots of police standing outside his window, adding: “It’s shocking that it’s happened.
“It’s a terrible thing especially at this time of year — it’s almost Christmas.”
A post-mortem examination at East Ham mortuary yesterday gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the chest.
Another woman, aged 34, was arrested after the incident but has been released without further action.
Officers are not seeking anyone else in connection with the incident at this time.