Woman found in Barking with head injury as police make arrest
- Credit: PA
A woman has been found with a head injury and a second arrested after a "disturbance" in Barking.
Police confirm they were called at 9.30pm Sunday, August 15 to reports of a disturbance in Longbridge Road.
A Metropolitan Police spokesperson said: "Officers attended along with paramedics from the London Ambulance Service and found the 60-year-old woman was with a head injury.
"She was taken to hospital and has since been discharged."
A 56-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm. She remains in custody at an east London police station.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing.
- 1 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 2 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 3 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 4 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 5 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 6 College students lend a hand to improve recreation ground
- 7 Students work with film crews on Amazon, Apple and Netflix productions
- 8 Dagenham boss hails squad options ahead of Wrexham trip
- 9 Data reveals number of road incidents involving children in borough
- 10 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend