Woman threatens to burn neighbour’s house down
A 46-year-old woman threatened to burn her neighbour’s house down after an argument broke out.
On July 19, the day of the threat, Helen Rankin, of Haywards Close, Chadwell Heath, had been drinking with friends in the communal garden of her block of flats.
Her dog got hold of a children’s toy which allegedly belonged to the victim’s child and it caused an argument between the two feuding neighbours.
More people got involved and the police were called.
Rankin was described as being “abusive and aggressive” and she approached the victim and she said “I will burn your f**king house down tonight.”
You may also want to watch:
She was arrested and brought before Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today (9) where she pleaded guilty to threatening to damage or destroy property.
The case was adjourned for a pre-sentence report and alcohol treatment assessment, which will be brought to the same court on August 29.
- 1 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 2 Barking and Dagenham pubs and bars reopen for outdoor service
- 3 Becontree Estate designed after Spanish Flu 'helped prevent Covid deaths'
- 4 Jailed: ‘Extremely dangerous’ Dagenham man who plotted terrorist attack
- 5 Light festival sees cyclists brighten up Barking and Dagenham streets
- 6 Views sought on Sebastian Court community space
- 7 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 8 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police