Woman threatens to burn neighbour’s house down
A 46-year-old woman threatened to burn her neighbour’s house down after an argument broke out.
On July 19, the day of the threat, Helen Rankin, of Haywards Close, Chadwell Heath, had been drinking with friends in the communal garden of her block of flats.
Her dog got hold of a children’s toy which allegedly belonged to the victim’s child and it caused an argument between the two feuding neighbours.
More people got involved and the police were called.
Rankin was described as being “abusive and aggressive” and she approached the victim and she said “I will burn your f**king house down tonight.”
You may also want to watch:
She was arrested and brought before Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today (9) where she pleaded guilty to threatening to damage or destroy property.
The case was adjourned for a pre-sentence report and alcohol treatment assessment, which will be brought to the same court on August 29.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 3 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 4 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 5 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week