Woman threatens to burn neighbour’s house down
A 46-year-old woman threatened to burn her neighbour’s house down after an argument broke out.
On July 19, the day of the threat, Helen Rankin, of Haywards Close, Chadwell Heath, had been drinking with friends in the communal garden of her block of flats.
Her dog got hold of a children’s toy which allegedly belonged to the victim’s child and it caused an argument between the two feuding neighbours.
More people got involved and the police were called.
Rankin was described as being “abusive and aggressive” and she approached the victim and she said “I will burn your f**king house down tonight.”
You may also want to watch:
She was arrested and brought before Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today (9) where she pleaded guilty to threatening to damage or destroy property.
The case was adjourned for a pre-sentence report and alcohol treatment assessment, which will be brought to the same court on August 29.
- 1 Letters: Covid rules, tenants' manifesto, Streetspace, help RAF veterans and support children's charity
- 2 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 3 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 6 Have the Covid-19 vaccine when the NHS contacts you
- 7 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 8 Council admits there is a 'long way to go' before 'cracking' the virus
- 9 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
- 10 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend