Woman threatens to burn neighbour’s house down
A 46-year-old woman threatened to burn her neighbour’s house down after an argument broke out.
On July 19, the day of the threat, Helen Rankin, of Haywards Close, Chadwell Heath, had been drinking with friends in the communal garden of her block of flats.
Her dog got hold of a children’s toy which allegedly belonged to the victim’s child and it caused an argument between the two feuding neighbours.
More people got involved and the police were called.
Rankin was described as being “abusive and aggressive” and she approached the victim and she said “I will burn your f**king house down tonight.”
You may also want to watch:
She was arrested and brought before Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today (9) where she pleaded guilty to threatening to damage or destroy property.
The case was adjourned for a pre-sentence report and alcohol treatment assessment, which will be brought to the same court on August 29.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 2 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Letter on teachers searching pupils for weapons
- 9 Dog attack hero and diving suit fundraiser in running for awards
- 10 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'