Police appeal after woman, 18, sexually assaulted in Dagenham
- Credit: Google
A young woman had her mobile phone stolen in Dagenham yesterday after fighting off a stranger who sexually assaulted her when she ignored him.
The 18-year-old victim’s attacker reportedly made off with her mobile phone during the assault near Pondfield Park.
The suspect, described as a black man in his late teens or early 20s, was struck on the mouth, cutting his lip on the right-hand side.
Officers said the woman was walking home at about 1.30pm when the man unsuccessfully tried to strike up a conversation on the footbridge between Reede Road and Blackbourne Road.
Undeterred, he walked behind her over the bridge before sexually assaulting her.
You may also want to watch:
The man, allegedly of slim build with curly short brown hair and yellow, crooked teeth, reportedly wore a black jacket, grey hoodie and dark trousers at the time of the attack.
He may also have a cut or bruising to his face.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 6 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 7 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 8 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 9 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils
- 10 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
With enquiries ongoing and no arrests made, police ask anyone with information to contact 101 quoting CAD 3730/6Sept.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.