Police appeal after woman, 18, sexually assaulted in Dagenham
- Credit: Google
A young woman had her mobile phone stolen in Dagenham yesterday after fighting off a stranger who sexually assaulted her when she ignored him.
The 18-year-old victim’s attacker reportedly made off with her mobile phone during the assault near Pondfield Park.
The suspect, described as a black man in his late teens or early 20s, was struck on the mouth, cutting his lip on the right-hand side.
Officers said the woman was walking home at about 1.30pm when the man unsuccessfully tried to strike up a conversation on the footbridge between Reede Road and Blackbourne Road.
Undeterred, he walked behind her over the bridge before sexually assaulting her.
You may also want to watch:
The man, allegedly of slim build with curly short brown hair and yellow, crooked teeth, reportedly wore a black jacket, grey hoodie and dark trousers at the time of the attack.
He may also have a cut or bruising to his face.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 8 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 10 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
With enquiries ongoing and no arrests made, police ask anyone with information to contact 101 quoting CAD 3730/6Sept.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.