Police appeal after woman, 18, sexually assaulted in Dagenham
- Credit: Google
A young woman had her mobile phone stolen in Dagenham yesterday after fighting off a stranger who sexually assaulted her when she ignored him.
The 18-year-old victim’s attacker reportedly made off with her mobile phone during the assault near Pondfield Park.
The suspect, described as a black man in his late teens or early 20s, was struck on the mouth, cutting his lip on the right-hand side.
Officers said the woman was walking home at about 1.30pm when the man unsuccessfully tried to strike up a conversation on the footbridge between Reede Road and Blackbourne Road.
Undeterred, he walked behind her over the bridge before sexually assaulting her.
You may also want to watch:
The man, allegedly of slim build with curly short brown hair and yellow, crooked teeth, reportedly wore a black jacket, grey hoodie and dark trousers at the time of the attack.
He may also have a cut or bruising to his face.
- 1 RSPCA appeal over video of dog 'carried' by collar in Dagenham
- 2 Barking fishmongers shut down by council after Covid-19 safety warning
- 3 Images released of man in connection with robbery on train from Barking
- 4 'Terrifying' CCTV footage shows vandals take axes to cars of NHS workers
- 5 Council denies Barking mum's claim that it took hours to respond to flood
- 6 Fines for Havering landlords who put Dagenham tenants 'in danger'
- 7 Appeal for help to find boy missing from Dagenham
- 8 Call to change 'cash cow' yellow box junction in Marks Gate
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man for role in 'brutal' attack on off-duty police officer
- 10 Dagenham charity set up in memory of 'unique' man offers help to youngsters
With enquiries ongoing and no arrests made, police ask anyone with information to contact 101 quoting CAD 3730/6Sept.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.