Youth held after teenager, 17, found stabbed in street in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A teenager is in a serious condition in hospital this morning after a stabbing in east Dagenham.
Now police are appealing for witnesses to the incident in Dagenham Road, near Eastbrookend Country Park, just before 3.30pm on Monday – believed to have happened as the victim, 17, was getting off a 174 bus.
He was found in a street nearby with stab wounds and taken to hospital, where his condition was said to be serious but not life-threatening.
An 18-year-old was arrested the same day and remains in custody.
Police are urging people to call detectives on 101 if they have information.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Barking butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 3 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 4 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 5 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 6 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 'The entire game will mourn him': Tributes to football great Jimmy Greaves
- 9 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 10 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal