Youth held after teenager, 17, found stabbed in street in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A teenager is in a serious condition in hospital this morning after a stabbing in east Dagenham.
Now police are appealing for witnesses to the incident in Dagenham Road, near Eastbrookend Country Park, just before 3.30pm on Monday – believed to have happened as the victim, 17, was getting off a 174 bus.
He was found in a street nearby with stab wounds and taken to hospital, where his condition was said to be serious but not life-threatening.
An 18-year-old was arrested the same day and remains in custody.
Police are urging people to call detectives on 101 if they have information.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Street food market coming to Barking as lockdown continues to ease
- 2 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 3 Rainbow lights 'signal hope' as part of Barking and Dagenham festival
- 4 Barking and Dagenham pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 5 Second World War bomb pulled from River Thames in Barking
- 6 Jailed: Burglar who drove on wrong side of road trying to flee police
- 7 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 8 Council reveals new debt collection service to cut need for enforcement
- 9 Barking MP receives 'disgusting' Holocaust email over Covid-19 vaccine passports
- 10 Hospital worker killed by ex-partner before he committed suicide, court hears