Youth held after teenager, 17, found stabbed in street in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A teenager is in a serious condition in hospital this morning after a stabbing in east Dagenham.
Now police are appealing for witnesses to the incident in Dagenham Road, near Eastbrookend Country Park, just before 3.30pm on Monday – believed to have happened as the victim, 17, was getting off a 174 bus.
He was found in a street nearby with stab wounds and taken to hospital, where his condition was said to be serious but not life-threatening.
An 18-year-old was arrested the same day and remains in custody.
Police are urging people to call detectives on 101 if they have information.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 2 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 3 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 4 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 5 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 6 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 7 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 8 Consultation launched on extension of public space order, including alcohol drinking ban
- 9 Matt Robinson set to agree new deal with Dagenham & Redbridge
- 10 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week