Would-be thieves caught on CCTV trying to steal scooter in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
This is the moment a pair of uninvited guests attempt to steal a moped.
The would-be thieves were caught on CCTV in the driveway of a Dagenham home struggling together to cut through the scooter’s lock on June 1.
But after about 20 seconds of trying the pair are thwarted and make off empty-handed.
A Met spokesperson said: “We were called at 11.25pm. Two suspects made off and the bike wasn’t stolen.”
Among a range of security measures, the Met Police recommends using a disc, grip or D lock, chaining the bike to an object that can’t be moved and covering it up.
You may also want to watch:
For more visit met.police.uk/scootersecurity
Anyone with information about the attempted theft should contact police on 101.
- 1 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 4 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 5 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended
- 6 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 8 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 9 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 10 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week