Daggers pair Bonds and Gordon in provisional Guyana squad for Gold Cup
- Credit: David Simpson/TGS Photo
Youngsters part of initial 40-man team that must be whittled down to 23 before start of competition
Dagenham & Redbridge pair Elliot Bonds and Liam Gordon have been named in Guyana's provisional squad for this summer's CONCACAF Gold Cup.
The duo have been named in the Golden Jaguars' initial 40-man team for the competition, which must be whittled down to 23 before the start of the event.
Bonds made his debut for Guyana in November last year, while Gordon is still yet to make his bow for Michael Johnson's men
The Golden Jaguars have been drawn in Group D for the Gold Cup, alongside hosts United States, Panama and Trinidad & Tobago.
Guyana begin their campaign against the US in Saint Paul on June 18, before facing Panama in Cleveland on June 22 and tackling Trinidad & Tobago in Kansas City on June 26.
Bonds and Gordon will hope they are in the 23-man squad to play a part in those matches and if selected, they will enjoy a taste of international competition football.
- 1 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 2 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 3 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 4 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 5 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Energy price cap rise could push 'thousands of local people' into fuel poverty, MP claims
- 7 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 8 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 9 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 10 Dagenham & Redbridge rally to win at Weymouth