Dagenham church offers free course to help people live well on a budget
- Credit: Google
A Dagenham charity is offering free budgeting courses to support people impacted by the pandemic.
London Riverside Church in Parsloes Avenue is running the new course to provide tools and tips to help people with budgeting, saving and managing on a low income.
It's part of a life skills group in conjunction with Christians Against Poverty (CAP).
Life skills manager Eileen Riordan said: “The key to success in our courses is the sense of community.
“People are often struggling to make ends meet on their own and life, especially throughout this pandemic, can be hard but on our courses, we find that we have a lot of laughter as we share great tips and encourage each other.
You may also want to watch:
“Being part of a life skills group can be a real boost because everyone, from all walks of life, are there supporting and encouraging one another.”
The new course starts on September 23 from 7pm to 9pm. Call 07394 554122 to book a place at the next CAP Life Skills course.
- 1 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 2 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 3 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 4 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 5 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 6 College students lend a hand to improve recreation ground
- 7 Students work with film crews on Amazon, Apple and Netflix productions
- 8 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 9 Dagenham boss hails squad options ahead of Wrexham trip
- 10 Data reveals number of road incidents involving children in borough