Dagenham dancers impress Simon Cowell
A DAGENHAM based dance troupe wowed the judges and audience on the hugely popular TV show Britan s Got Talent. Diversity, an 11-piece street dancing team from the Dance Works school, in New Road, Dagenham, hit our screens with their impressive routine o
A DAGENHAM based dance troupe wowed the judges and audience on the hugely popular TV show Britan's Got Talent.
Diversity, an 11-piece street dancing team from the 'Dance Works' school, in New Road, Dagenham, hit our screens with their impressive routine on Saturday.
The guys, aged between 12 and 25, were unanimously voted to go through to the next round of the competition, which attracts around 13 million viewers a week.
Celebrity judge Amanda Holden described Diversity as "Dynamic, funny, imaginative and superb."
Simon Cowell, known for his scathing remarks, said: "You have taken dance to a new level. I've never seen dance so imaginative, so creative, so entertaining."
Dancer Warren Russell's mother Sonia said: "When I found out they had got through to the next round I couldn't stop screaming."
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 4 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 5 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 6 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 7 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 8 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 10 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
See feature in next week's POST.