Young gymnasts back in training at Dagenham club
- Credit: Catleaps Gymnastics
Young gymnasts have returned to training at a club in Dagenham after the easing of Covid restrictions.
Catleaps Gymnastics has been hosting in-person, socially distanced group sessions for under-18s since April 19.
Helen Bates, media manager at Catleaps, said: “It's great to be back - we're progressing slowly, easing our gymnasts back into training safely with social distancing.
"Our coaches love being back but, with the requirement for reduced numbers in the gym, sadly our young leaders won't return until social distancing is relaxed.”
The club's members have had to make do with training from home and Zoom classes online during lockdown.
You may also want to watch:
Helen said Catleaps is planning an invitational competition programme for next year.
She added: "Our event team will once again spring into action providing a Gymnastics for All competition for hundreds of excited gymnasts.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 6 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 7 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 8 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 9 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
"We can once again see our gymnasts doing what they love in an arena surrounded by teammates, friends and family to cheer them on. We can't wait."