Manhunt launched after males seen brandishing a machete in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A manhunt has been launched after a group of males were seen brandishing a machete.
The suspects were spotted at about 3.25pm on Wednesday, March 4 in Woodward Road by the mini roundabout with Gale Street, Dagenham.
Witnesses reported seeing the group, at least one of whom was in possession of a machete, chasing other males.
Officers attended the scene but all those involved had fled. There have been no reports of any injuries.
Footage posted on social media is being examined as part of the investigation to identify those involved.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Insp Francis Copley from the east area gangs unit said: "This was an incident that would have shocked those who witnessed it; a group of males acting in a threatening manner and brandishing a weapon.
"I would like to reassure the community that our investigation is underway and we are working to identify and arrest those responsible. Extra officers from the local policing team will be in the area tomorrow (March 5). If you have any concerns, or information that could assist us, please speak to them.
- 1 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 2 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 3 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 4 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 5 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 6 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 8 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended
- 9 Covid funding boost for charities promoting youth arts and inclusion
- 10 All borough's care home residents have had first Covid vaccination
"If you have footage or images of this incident, please contact my team so we can ensure these violent individuals are taken off the streets."
If you have footage or images, or have information that could assist this enquiry, contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD4635/4Mar.
Alternatively, call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
There have been no arrests. Enquiries continue.