Dagenham man charged with murder
AN UNEMPLOYED man has been charged with the murder of David Trott - a man found stabbed to death inside his Dagenham home. Gary Cartwright, 52, of Lille Church Road, Dagenham, appeared before Barking Court on Thursday March 12. He did not enter a plea and
AN UNEMPLOYED man has been charged with the murder of David Trott - a man found stabbed to death inside his Dagenham home.
Gary Cartwright, 52, of Lille Church Road, Dagenham, appeared before Barking Court on Thursday March 12.
He did not enter a plea and was remanded in custody to appear before The Old Bailey on June 18.
David Trott, also 52, of Charlecote Road, was found dead at his home at around 5pm on Monday March 9 - he had been knifed in the chest.
It is believed a neighbour called police to the ground-floor maisonette after hearing a disturbance.
Families living in Charlecote Road paid tribute to a "pleasant, regular guy".
- 1 Murder charge after man, 60, found fatally injured in Dagenham
- 2 Barking and Dagenham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 4 Local 18-year-old filmmaker gears up for ‘ambitious’ first feature-length film
- 5 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 8 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 9 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 10 Summer of Festivals Weekender draws thousands to Parsloes Park
Mr Trott was airlifted to The Royal London Hospital where he received emergency surgery but sadly died just after midnight.
A post mortem examination was due to be held at Queens Hospital, Romford, at 4pm on Tuesday March 10.
A police spokesman said: "Gary Cartwright, aged 52, unemployed, of Lille Church Road, Dagenham, Essex, appeared in custody at Barking Court on Thursday March 12 charged with the murder of David Trott in Dagenham on March 9."
SEE NEXT WEEK'S POST FOR FULL STORY