Dagenham man charged with murder
AN UNEMPLOYED man has been charged with the murder of David Trott - a man found stabbed to death inside his Dagenham home. Gary Cartwright, 52, of Lille Church Road, Dagenham, appeared before Barking Court on Thursday March 12. He did not enter a plea and
AN UNEMPLOYED man has been charged with the murder of David Trott - a man found stabbed to death inside his Dagenham home.
Gary Cartwright, 52, of Lille Church Road, Dagenham, appeared before Barking Court on Thursday March 12.
He did not enter a plea and was remanded in custody to appear before The Old Bailey on June 18.
David Trott, also 52, of Charlecote Road, was found dead at his home at around 5pm on Monday March 9 - he had been knifed in the chest.
It is believed a neighbour called police to the ground-floor maisonette after hearing a disturbance.
Families living in Charlecote Road paid tribute to a "pleasant, regular guy".
- 1 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 2 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 3 Family of woman who died after surgery in Turkey 'to pursue legal action' in search for truth
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 6 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 7 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 8 Parents to appear in court next month over death of baby boy
- 9 McMahon 'really disappointed' to see Dagenham & Redbridge defeated by Stockport
- 10 Barking resident charged over death of baby boy
Mr Trott was airlifted to The Royal London Hospital where he received emergency surgery but sadly died just after midnight.
A post mortem examination was due to be held at Queens Hospital, Romford, at 4pm on Tuesday March 10.
A police spokesman said: "Gary Cartwright, aged 52, unemployed, of Lille Church Road, Dagenham, Essex, appeared in custody at Barking Court on Thursday March 12 charged with the murder of David Trott in Dagenham on March 9."
SEE NEXT WEEK'S POST FOR FULL STORY