Dagenham man stabbed to death at his home
A MAN has been arrested after a 52-year-old man was stabbed to death at his home in Dagenham. David Trott, of Charlecote Road, was knifed several times in the chest at around 5pm on Monday March 9.It is believed a neighbour called police to the ground-fl
A MAN has been arrested after a 52-year-old man was stabbed to death at his home in Dagenham.
David Trott, of Charlecote Road, was knifed several times in the chest at around 5pm on Monday March 9.
It is believed a neighbour called police to the ground-floor maisonette after hearing a disturbance.
Mr Trott was airlifted to The Royal London Hospital where he received emergency surgery but sadly died just after midnight.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command arrested a man, also 52, shortly after the stabbing at another address in Dagenham.
He is currently in custody at an east London police station.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 3 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
- 10 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
A post mortem examination was due to be held at Queens Hospital, Romford, at 4pm on Tuesday March 10.
A police spokesman said: "Detectives from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command have arrested a man following a murder overnight in Dagenham.
"An incident room has been set up at Barking."
Mr Trotts family has been informed about his death.