Dagenham man stabbed to death at his home
A MAN has been arrested after a 52-year-old man was stabbed to death at his home in Dagenham. David Trott, of Charlecote Road, was knifed several times in the chest at around 5pm on Monday March 9.It is believed a neighbour called police to the ground-fl
A MAN has been arrested after a 52-year-old man was stabbed to death at his home in Dagenham.
David Trott, of Charlecote Road, was knifed several times in the chest at around 5pm on Monday March 9.
It is believed a neighbour called police to the ground-floor maisonette after hearing a disturbance.
Mr Trott was airlifted to The Royal London Hospital where he received emergency surgery but sadly died just after midnight.
Detectives from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command arrested a man, also 52, shortly after the stabbing at another address in Dagenham.
He is currently in custody at an east London police station.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 2 Two arrested after man 'seriously assaulted' in row over parking
- 3 Dispersal order authorised near Barking Park due to antisocial behaviour
- 4 Company fined in court over builder's skips in Dagenham and Chadwell Heath
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Boy, 5, dies after 'unexplained' incident off Heathway
- 7 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 8 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 9 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 10 Abba Voyage: A spectacular trip into an enchanted world
A post mortem examination was due to be held at Queens Hospital, Romford, at 4pm on Tuesday March 10.
A police spokesman said: "Detectives from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command have arrested a man following a murder overnight in Dagenham.
"An incident room has been set up at Barking."
Mr Trotts family has been informed about his death.