Dagenham man stabbed to death at his home
A MAN has been arrested after a 52-year-old man was stabbed to death at his home in Dagenham. David Trott, of Charlecote Road, was knifed several times in the chest at around 5pm on Monday March 9.It is believed a neighbour called police to the ground-fl
A MAN has been arrested after a 52-year-old man was stabbed to death at his home in Dagenham.
David Trott, of Charlecote Road, was knifed several times in the chest at around 5pm on Monday March 9.
It is believed a neighbour called police to the ground-floor maisonette after hearing a disturbance.
Mr Trott was airlifted to The Royal London Hospital where he received emergency surgery but sadly died just after midnight.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command arrested a man, also 52, shortly after the stabbing at another address in Dagenham.
He is currently in custody at an east London police station.
- 1 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 2 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 3 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 4 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 5 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 6 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Barking and Dagenham parents and children soars
- 8 New Covid test site opening in Barking this weekend
- 9 Have the Covid-19 vaccine when the NHS contacts you
- 10 Appeal to find witness who comforted woman hit by a car in Barking
A post mortem examination was due to be held at Queens Hospital, Romford, at 4pm on Tuesday March 10.
A police spokesman said: "Detectives from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command have arrested a man following a murder overnight in Dagenham.
"An incident room has been set up at Barking."
Mr Trotts family has been informed about his death.