Dagenham man stabbed to death at his home
A MAN has been arrested after a 52-year-old man was stabbed to death at his home in Dagenham. David Trott, of Charlecote Road, was knifed several times in the chest at around 5pm on Monday March 9.It is believed a neighbour called police to the ground-fl
A MAN has been arrested after a 52-year-old man was stabbed to death at his home in Dagenham.
David Trott, of Charlecote Road, was knifed several times in the chest at around 5pm on Monday March 9.
It is believed a neighbour called police to the ground-floor maisonette after hearing a disturbance.
Mr Trott was airlifted to The Royal London Hospital where he received emergency surgery but sadly died just after midnight.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command arrested a man, also 52, shortly after the stabbing at another address in Dagenham.
He is currently in custody at an east London police station.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 7 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 8 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
A post mortem examination was due to be held at Queens Hospital, Romford, at 4pm on Tuesday March 10.
A police spokesman said: "Detectives from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command have arrested a man following a murder overnight in Dagenham.
"An incident room has been set up at Barking."
Mr Trotts family has been informed about his death.