Dagenham model heads to finals for Miss Universe GB showdown
- Credit: Archant
Just days remain until the country’s beauty queen receives her crowning glory.
A Dagenham model is one of the 40 entrants flocking to Cardiff for the action-packed three-day finals – all with the dream of becoming Miss Universe Great Britain.
The lucky winner – crowned on Saturday – will then compete against queen bees from around the world, for the ultimate Miss Universe award, whose logo celebrates a combination of beauty and responsibility.
“I look up to all beauty queens as they are the most dedicated women I have ever met, despite media controversies,” said Sarah Archer, who lives off Green Lane with her family.
The 24-year-old model and actress works with a number of charities, and is currently involved in a project to raise the importance of blood donation. She also carries out work for British Heart Foundation, Sue Ryder, the British Army and Comic Relief.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m also really interested in going to local schools,” she said, adding she was hoping to give a talk at her younger brother’s school, The Forest Academy in Ilford.
Miss Universe is is open to young women from England, Scotland and Wales between the ages of 18-27. For more information, go to missuniversegb.co.uk
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend