Nursing home sends message of support to England for Euro 2020 final
- Credit: Hanbury Court Care Home
Residents of a nursing home in Dagenham have sent a message of support to the England team ahead of their historic Euro 2020 final.
Hanbury Court has been decorated with red and white flags, with residents singing songs and reminiscing about the 1966 World Cup triumph ahead of the game against Italy on Sunday night.
The care home in Dagmar Road has also written a letter to manager Gareth Southgate and his Three Lions squad, congratulating them on reaching their first European Championship final.
An excerpt reads: "Our residents here at Hanbury Court have been uplifted for the first time in 16 months of dreadful lockdown and worry, missing their families, in lonely, dark and harrowing times.
"Residents and staff are rooting for you with such admiration and pride. Your team spirit and camaraderie has been second to none.
You may also want to watch:
"Our residents have been telling us of the memories of '66 they have and their elation on seeing for the second time their country reach the final."
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 3 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 4 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 5 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 6 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 10 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks