Dagenham recycling plant set to expand its green operations
- Credit: Archant
A vast recycling plant in Dagenham has been given the green light to expand, meaning more jobs and improved green credentials.
Closed Loop Recycling, which is currently based in Choats Road, turns over four million plastic bottles every day and is the only company in the world that recycles both plastic milk bottles and plastic water bottles back into new food and drink packaging.
It first located to the site at the London Sustainable Industries Park at Dagenham Dock in 2007, and is now to set extend its operations, opening up 40 new positions.
The announcement comes after Barking MP Margaret Hodge arranged a meeting to bring together Closed Loop Recycling with representatives from the Greater London Authority and Barking and Dagenham Council.
She commented: “It’s fantastic news and will create an extra 40 new jobs which is very welcome news for the local economy.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope it sends out a clear signal that Barking & Dagenham is a good place to invest especially for green businesses.”
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 7 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 8 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 9 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week