McMahon accepts it will be ‘slow builder’ for Balanta after injury return
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Daryl McMahon accepts that Angelo Balanta will need time to get back to his best after making his return from injury against Stockport County.
Balanta has been missing since the 2-1 win over Wrexham in October after tearing his groin and then suffering with a hernia.
He was in fine form prior to the injury, having scored seven times in the league this season under former manager Peter Taylor.
The attacking midfielder made his return off the substitutes bench on Saturday as the Daggers drew 1-1 and McMahon was pleased to see him back in action.
"He showed some unbelievable touches with a couple that he flicked into Ben House," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"We're not going to put him under too much pressure.
"We need to get him back to the level that we know he can get to and it will be a slow builder for him because he's been out for such a long time.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 5 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 8 Dagenham restaurant excited to celebrate return of diners 'safely together'
- 9 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 10 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
"But it's just great to have him back in the squad."