Dagenham & Redbridge sign midfielder Nick Wheeler on initial one-year deal
- Credit: David Simpson/TGS Photo
Former Tonbridge Angels man becomes Daggers’ seventh signing of the summer
Dagenham & Redbridge have added to their squad ahead of the new season with the addition of midfielder Nick Wheeler.
The former Tonbridge Angels man moves to Victoria Road on an initial one-year deal, with the option of another year.
The 26-year-old has featured regularly for Daggers so far in pre-season, starting the games against Bedford Town, Thurrock and a West Ham United XI.
Wheeler will wear the 16 shirt during his time with the Essex club and becomes John Still’s seventh signing of the summer.
You may also want to watch:
Wheeler will compete to start on the flanks for Daggers along with Fejiri Okenabirhie, Corey Whitely and Jake Howells among others.
The wide midfielder started his career in the Charlton Athletic youth team, before going on to play for Lewes and Burgess Hill Town before moving to Tonbridge two years ago.
- 1 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Badminton club founder gets BEM
- 3 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 4 Man in drink driving arrest as overturned car on A13 causes queues
- 5 Family endures 'horrific leaks' at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
- 7 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
- 8 Pensioner arrested after £4m suspected drugs seizure
- 9 Woman, 68, attacked in Dagenham
- 10 Jailed: Dagenham man who murdered 'gentle giant' in mistaken identity shooting
During his time with the Angels, Wheeler was twice named in the Isthmian League team of the year.