Dagenham & Redbridge team news: John Still to add bite to struggling midfield
- Credit: David Simpson/TGS Photo
Daggers could move defender forward to make troublesome area more tenacious
Dagenham & Redbridge could be set to recall either Sam Ling or Josh Staunton for the trip to Gateshead in the National League on Saturday in a move which would see extra bite added to their midfield.
With Matt Robinson having been out since November with a broken leg, Daggers have lacked a genuine box-to-box midfielder.
Frankie Raymond has been filling in their ever since, but has struggled in that role in recent weeks.
Bringing Ling in at right-back would allow Scott Doe to move to centre-back, with Shaun Donnellan moving up to Raymond’s role.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, Staunton could also come in at right-back, or be installed straight into midfield.
Rather than drop out altogether, Raymond could be given a stay of execution and pushed forward into the number 10 role.
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 3 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
That would lead to Jake Sheppard, who has struggled in recent weeks, dropping out and Jordan Maguire-Drew moving back out to the right.
Elsewhere, Mark Cousins is likely to remain in goal, with Craig Robson and Joe Widdowson also in defence, Fejiri Okenabirhie on the left wing and Oliver Hawkins up top.
Again, there is an outside chance both Curtley Williams and Robinson could be among the substitutes, as might Luke Guttridge following their injuries.
Luke Howell (torn quad) and Luke Pennell (ACL) are both set to miss out, but should be ready for selection in the not-too-distant future.
Daggers: Cousins; Ling, Doe, Robson, Widdowson; Boucaud, Donnellan; Maguire-Drew, Raymond, Okenabirhie; Hawkins