THE streets of Dagenham will be filling with scores of Santas in a month s time, and all in a good cause. It is that time of year again when hundreds of kindhearted Barking & Dagenham families take part in the POST-backed Leukaemia Care Santathon fun run
THE streets of Dagenham will be filling with scores of Santas' in a month's time, and all in a good cause.
It is that time of year again when hundreds of kindhearted Barking & Dagenham families take part in the POST-backed Leukaemia Care Santathon fun run.
The run has become as popular as mince pies and began in 2007 when people of all ages dressed up to raise money for this worthy cause.
Among the Santathon supporters are Mayor Cllr Charles Fairbrass and fundraising fanatic Lloyd Scott, from Rainham, who ran this year's Flora London Marathon dressed as a robot.
You may also want to watch:
The event, on Sunday, December 6, is organised annually by Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club.
Last year's run raised thousands of pounds and the club are hoping for record-breaking numbers of Santas this year.
- 1 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 2 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 3 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 4 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 5 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
The 5km run starts and ends at the Daggers' ground in Victoria Road.
Anyone can take part, and depending on how much money you raise, you could be in with the chance to win a mysterious prize.
To take part visit www.xmasfunrun.co.uk. Entries must be received by December 1.
Santas can also register at the Dagenham & Redbridge stadium on the day.