Dagenham school in a class of its own
A FEEDER school for William Ford Primary, which has been hailed as one of the best in the country, has received a glowing Ofsted report. Government inspectors visited Village Infants , Ford Road, Dagenham, at the same time as William Ford and described it
A FEEDER school for William Ford Primary, which has been hailed as one of the best in the country, has received a glowing Ofsted report.
Government inspectors visited Village Infants', Ford Road, Dagenham, at the same time as William Ford and described it as a "good, improving school with some outstanding features".
Inspectors noted lessons were "lively and interesting" and staff are keen to seek ways of making them even better.
Head teacher Heather Layton said: "The majority of our pupils begin school below average and some with little or no English.
You may also want to watch:
"The excellent groundwork at Village School helps to prepare the pupils to be able to achieve so well by the end of Key Stage 2 in William Ford."
Pupils start at Village Infants' and then go to William Ford, which was named by Ofsted as one of 20 schools in the country "excelling against the odds".
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years