Vintage vehicles and dog displays among attractions at family festival
- Credit: Gurpreet Bhatia
Vintage cars and trains were among the attractions at Dagenham’s steam and cider festival.
The free event, held in Old Dagenham Park, saw families able to get up close to an array of classic vehicles before seeing them take to the arena in a parade.
The arena also played host to a motorcycle stunt team and dog agility displays.
For animal enthusiasts, there was the chance to interact with falcons, ferrets and farm animals, and take a traditional horse and carriage ride around the park.
And for those old enough to enjoy the cider element of the fair, there was a bar with a wide range of alcoholic beverages on offer.
You may also want to watch:
Country and western music provided the soundtrack to Sunday's event, with other entertainment including stalls, fairground rides and family workshops.
Cllr Saima Ashraf, deputy leader of the council, called it an "interesting and insightful day".
- 1 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 4 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 5 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 6 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 8 All borough's care home residents have had first Covid vaccination
- 9 Covid funding boost for charities promoting youth arts and inclusion
- 10 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended