Daggers 5 Torquay 3
Daggers hit five to defeat Torquay 5-3 at Victoria Road
COCA-COLA LEAGUE TWO
Dagenham & Redbridge 5 Torquay United 3
DAGGERS edged a stunning match at Victoria Road with a 5-3 success over Torquay United.
The hosts led 1-0 at half time, thanks to an 18th minute volley by Peter Gain, only his second goal for the club.
You may also want to watch:
It was after the break that the goals started flying in, as Danny Green drilled home from 25 yards, and then got his second almost immediately afterwards to make it 3-0.
Nicky Wroe pulled one back from the penalty spot, but Josh Scott restored the three goal advantage, back-heeling Green's corner past Scott Bevan.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 7 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
The Gulls then mounted a fightback, as substitute Elliot Benyon tapped home, and fellow replacement Mustapha Carayol smashed a 40-yard drive past Tony Roberts.
Carayol had another chance right at the end, but Daggers finally put the result to bed, when Wes Thomas scored his first for the club.
Daggers: Tony Roberts, Scott Doe, Scott Griffiths, Mark Arber, Will Antwi, Danny Green, Stuart Thurgood, Solomon Taiwo, Peter Gain, Paul Benson, Josh Scott (Wes Thomas 84).
Subs: Chris Lewington, Alex Bentley, Abu Ogogo, Graeme Montgomery, Billy Bingham, Harlee Dean.
Torquay: Scott Bevan, Kevin Nicholson, Chris Robertson, Nicky Wroe (Michael Brough 74), Chris Hargreaves, Wayne Carlisle, Danny Stevens (Elliot Benyon 46), Kieran Charnock, Tim Still, Scott Rendell (Mustapha Carayol 68).
Subs: Martin Rice, Mark Ellis, Lee Hodges, Steve Adams.