Daggers appoint Gritt as assistant manager and add Jupp to coaching staff
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Dagenham & Redbridge have appointed Steve Gritt as joint assistant manager and Dave Jupp as first-team coach to bolster up the backroom staff of newly-appointed manager Daryl McMahon.
In Steve Gritt's playing days he enjoyed spells with Bournemouth, Charlton Athletic and Walsall.
Since retiring as a player, Gritt has undertaken roles such as manager, assistant manager and scout at clubs including the likes of Charlton Athletic, Brighton & Hove Albion, Millwall, Bournemouth, Ebbsfleet United and Macclesfield Town.
He was assistant under McMahon at both Ebbsfleet and Macclesfield.
Jupp was part of the coaching team alongside McMahon and Gritt during their time at Ebbsfleet United - including the successful National League south play-off campaign in 2017.
You may also want to watch:
He will not only be the first-team coach but also the fitness and conditioning coach.
Jody Brown and Neil Withington have left their roles of first-team coach and fitness and conditioning coach respectively with immediate effect.
- 1 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 3 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 4 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 5 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 6 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
- 9 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 10 Man shot in the face in Dagenham