Daggers boss in talks over new deal
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still has confirmed that he is in talks to extend his deal with the club. The 59-year-old, who has been in charge at Victoria Road since April 17, 2004, is currently the sixth longest-serving manager in the Football Leagu
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still has confirmed that he is in talks to extend his deal with the club, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
The 59-year-old, who has been in charge at Victoria Road since April 17, 2004, is currently the sixth longest-serving manager in the Football League.
It has been reported he will sign a new five-year deal, and Still revealed discussions are taking place.
"We've been in talks about a deal, and hopefully something will be announced in the next few weeks," he said.
Daggers also announced this week that striker Jon Nurse has signed a new one-year deal to stay with the club.
"Jon is such a great player to have," enthused Still.
- 1 NHS trust celebrates success in cutting long-term waiting list to almost zero following administrative error
- 2 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 3 Council clears illegal encampment under Ripple Road flyover
- 4 Boris Johnson will resign as Tory leader today
- 5 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 Inquest told Zara Aleena died from head and neck injuries
- 8 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 9 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 10 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
"He is so versatile and can cover so many positions.
"If you ask him to play right back or on the wing, he doesn't quibble, or moan.
"He just gets on with it and gives his all, which is what this club is all about."
Do you want John Still to extend his deal with the club? Email: email@example.com
The Recorder is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Recorder_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.