Daggers boss in talks over new deal
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still has confirmed that he is in talks to extend his deal with the club. The 59-year-old, who has been in charge at Victoria Road since April 17, 2004, is currently the sixth longest-serving manager in the Football Leagu
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still has confirmed that he is in talks to extend his deal with the club, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
The 59-year-old, who has been in charge at Victoria Road since April 17, 2004, is currently the sixth longest-serving manager in the Football League.
It has been reported he will sign a new five-year deal, and Still revealed discussions are taking place.
"We've been in talks about a deal, and hopefully something will be announced in the next few weeks," he said.
You may also want to watch:
Daggers also announced this week that striker Jon Nurse has signed a new one-year deal to stay with the club.
"Jon is such a great player to have," enthused Still.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 7 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 8 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 9 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 10 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
"He is so versatile and can cover so many positions.
"If you ask him to play right back or on the wing, he doesn't quibble, or moan.
"He just gets on with it and gives his all, which is what this club is all about."
Do you want John Still to extend his deal with the club? Email: email@example.com
The Recorder is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Recorder_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.