Daggers down to fourth after Bury victory
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE dropped to fourth place in League Two after Bury s 2-1 win over Bradford lifted the Shakers into the automatic promotion places.
by MIKE SIMMONDS
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE dropped to fourth place in League Two after Bury's 2-1 win over Bradford lifted the Shakers into the automatic promotion places on Tuesday night.
Mike Jones opened the scoring for the home side at Gigg Lane, but Bury defender Efe Sodje threw the Valiants a lifeline with an own goal.
However, a Ryan Lowe penalty ensured that it was Bury who took all three points and leapfrogged John Still's men.
You may also want to watch:
It could have been worse for Daggers, but fellow promotion-chasers Rotherham slipped to a shock 2-1 home defeat against rock bottom Darlington.
Tadhg Purcell and Gary Smith netted to put the Quakers 2-0 ahead, and although Micky Cummins pulled one back, Steve Staunton's men held on.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 7 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 8 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 9 Daggers boss McMahon 'very pleased' with Southend United victory
- 10 Sam Ling inspires Dagenham to Southend victory
Rotherham are still well placed, as they are just a point below Daggers, with two games in hand.
Top of the table Rochdale extended their advantage by a single point as they picked up a 1-1 draw at Aldershot.
The other results saw Hereford draw 1-1 with Crewe, while Port Vale eased to a 3-1 win over Burton Albion.
The Post is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Post_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road