Daggers dumped out by Terriers
Daggers are thrashed 6-1 in the FA Cup first round at Huddersfield
FA CUP FIRST ROUND
Huddersfield Town 6 Daggers 1
by MIKE SIMMONDS
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE were comprehensively knocked out of the FA Cup after a 6-1 hammering at Huddersfield Town on Friday night.
Manager John Still was forced to reshuffle his side before kick-off with on-loan full back Matt Lockwood ruled out with injury and his place went to Tommy Tejan-Sie.
Scott Doe remained at right back, while Josh Scott was recalled to the starting line-up in place of Wes Thomas.
- 1 Man in 50s in hospital after Dagenham stabbing
- 2 Barking and Dagenham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 Murder charge after man, 60, found fatally injured in Dagenham
- 4 Local 18-year-old filmmaker gears up for ‘ambitious’ first feature-length film
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 7 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 8 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 9 Summer of Festivals Weekender draws thousands to Parsloes Park
- 10 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
On the bench was Mark Nwokeji, only just back from a long-term injury, and winger Joao Carlos, who had signed on non-contract terms this week.
The hosts are in flying form at home this season and showed exactly why they are so highly rated as Robbie Williams netted with a free kick and then Gary Roberts headed home from close range to make it 2-0.
Lee Novak scored from inside the area shortly afterwards and Jordan Rhodes put the tie beyond doubt with the fourth just before half time.
all but wrapped up the result with a goal just before the break.
There was no respite for Daggers in the second half as Roberts slammed home his second goal of the night on 56 minutes, while Novak doubled his tally as the visitors were left in disarray.
Striker Paul Benson did manage a consolation goal late in the game, but by then his side were well and truly beaten.
Daggers: Tony Roberts, Scott Doe, Tommy Tejan-Sie (Graeme Montgomery 68), Mark Arber, Will Antwi, Danny Green, Stuart Thurgood, Peter Gain, Jon Nurse, Josh Scott (Wes Thomas 80), Paul Benson.
Subs: Chris Lewington, Steven Demetriou, Joao Carlos, Mark Nwokeji, Billy Bingham.