Daggers face a trio of new Bees
TABLE –TOPPERS Brentford have made three new signings in time for their trip to Dagenham & Redbridge tonight, writes MIKE SIMMONDS. Ipswich Town striker Billy Clarke, Cheltenham Town forward Damian Spencer and centre half Darren Powell have all moved to G
TABLE -TOPPERS Brentford have made three new signings in time for their trip to Dagenham & Redbridge tonight, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
Ipswich Town striker Billy Clarke, Cheltenham Town forward Damian Spencer and centre half Darren Powell have all moved to Griffin Park until the end of the season.
Powell, 33, was playing in the Premier League last season when he was at Derby County, but has found himself surplus to requirements and was recently on trial at Leeds United.
Clarke has been with Ipswich all his career, but was sent on loan to Darlington and Northampton this season, where he scored 11 goals in 25 league appearances.
You may also want to watch:
It has been a difficult season for Spencer, who managed a hat-trick for the Robins against MK Dons but was also red carded, and those are the only goals he has scored this campaign.
The Bees have suffered season-ending injuries to Nathan Elder and Jordan Rhodes, so manager Alex Scott will be hoping his new-look side gel in front of the Sky cameras tonight.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 6 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 9 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 10 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
Meanwhile, Daggers warmed up for this clash with a 2-1 friendly win over Thurrock on Thursday.
Peter Gain made his return from injury, while Anwar Uddin and Scott Doe completed 90 minutes too.
Glen Southam and Graeme Montgomery were on target for the Daggers.
Will Daggers upset the league leaders tonight? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Daggers are now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Recorder_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road