Daggers face a trio of new Bees
TABLE –TOPPERS Brentford have made three new signings in time for their trip to Dagenham & Redbridge tonight, writes MIKE SIMMONDS. Ipswich Town striker Billy Clarke, Cheltenham Town forward Damian Spencer and centre half Darren Powell have all moved to G
TABLE -TOPPERS Brentford have made three new signings in time for their trip to Dagenham & Redbridge tonight, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
Ipswich Town striker Billy Clarke, Cheltenham Town forward Damian Spencer and centre half Darren Powell have all moved to Griffin Park until the end of the season.
Powell, 33, was playing in the Premier League last season when he was at Derby County, but has found himself surplus to requirements and was recently on trial at Leeds United.
Clarke has been with Ipswich all his career, but was sent on loan to Darlington and Northampton this season, where he scored 11 goals in 25 league appearances.
You may also want to watch:
It has been a difficult season for Spencer, who managed a hat-trick for the Robins against MK Dons but was also red carded, and those are the only goals he has scored this campaign.
The Bees have suffered season-ending injuries to Nathan Elder and Jordan Rhodes, so manager Alex Scott will be hoping his new-look side gel in front of the Sky cameras tonight.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
Meanwhile, Daggers warmed up for this clash with a 2-1 friendly win over Thurrock on Thursday.
Peter Gain made his return from injury, while Anwar Uddin and Scott Doe completed 90 minutes too.
Glen Southam and Graeme Montgomery were on target for the Daggers.
Will Daggers upset the league leaders tonight? Email: email@example.com
Daggers are now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Recorder_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road