Daggers fail to tame Lions
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE slipped to a 1-0 defeat against a strong Millwall side in a behind closed doors at the New Den this afternoon. In a game played over three thirds, Daggers had kept their hosts at bay in the two periods, although they were indebted to
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE slipped to a 1-0 defeat against a strong Millwall side in a behind closed doors at the New Den this afternoon.
In a game played over three thirds, Daggers had kept their hosts at bay in the two periods, although they were indebted to goalkeeper Tony Roberts, as he kept out a penalty from Gary Alexander.
The veteran keeper could do nothing in the final third though, as Alexander netted the winner.
Daggers now move on to the next pre-season friendly at Mangotsfield on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, a Daggers XI were defeated 3-0 at Aveley on Wednesday night.
Apart from striker Jon Nurse, and trialist Glenn Poole, there was not one other player who had started a competitive match for Daggers in the starting XI.
- 1 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 2 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 3 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 4 Budding entrepreneur from Dagenham wins business pitch competition
- 5 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Barking MP joins schoolchildren for managing money lesson
- 8 Steve Allen: 'Oxford students should vote on Magdalen pronunciation instead'
- 9 Dagenham set to announce retained list with three already departing
- 10 Barking man arrested after three men injured in Southend
Former Walsall defender Hassan Bacchus was given a run out, as was right back Alex Bentley, who was with Fisher Athletic last season, and midfielder Kwesi Appiah, released by Peterborough United.
The hosts went ahead after eight minutes as Martin Tuohy's shot was saved by Chris Lewington, but the rebound was headed home by Ryan Imbert.
Nurse almost levelled the scores, but his cross hit the post, and in the second half, Aveley went 2-0 ahead through Piers Wickson.
The scoring was completed on 59 minutes, as Ellie Kayembe converted a penalty.
Daggers: Chris Lewington, Alex Bentley, Harlee Dean, Hassan Bacchus, Henry Emenike (Alfie Wren 71), Glen Poole, Billy Bingham, Tommy Tejan-Sie (Charlie Hurlock 24), Kwesi Appiah (Tas Hassan 71), Jon Nurse (Danie Charge 66), Josh Scott.
Unused sub: Dennis Sambridge.