Daggers left out in PFA awards
THE PFA League Two team of the year was announced on Sunday, and it was a massive surprise when there were no Dagenham & Redbridge players involved. The likes of Sam Saunders, Paul Benson and Ben Strevens have all been overlooked despite the club staying
THE PFA League Two team of the year was announced on Sunday, and it was a massive surprise when there were no Dagenham & Redbridge players involved, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
The likes of Sam Saunders, Paul Benson and Ben Strevens have all been overlooked despite the club staying in League Two last year, and spending all of the this season in and around the play-off places.
With their miniscule playing budget, it is some achievement for Daggers to even be plying their trade at this level, but that hasn't been recognised.
Manager John Still should be in contention for the manager of the year award at the end of the season, along with the likes of Morecambe's Sammy McIllroy and Exeter's Paul Tisdale, but don't be surprised if that goes to Brentford's Andy Scott.
You may also want to watch:
League Two team: Scott Shearer (Wycombe), Neil Austin (Darlington), Simon King (Gillingham), David McCracken (Wycombe), Tom Kennedy (Rochdale), Omar Daley (Bradford), Dany N'Guessan (Lincoln), Ben Davies (Shrewsbury), Tommy Doherty (Wycombe), Andy Bishop (Bury), Grant Holt (Shrewsbury).
Should there have been any Daggers in the team of the year? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 4 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 7 Businesses urged to comply with new food labelling law
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Barking MP pushes for child poverty services under one roof
- 10 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
The Recorder is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Recorder_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.