Daggers left out in PFA awards
THE PFA League Two team of the year was announced on Sunday, and it was a massive surprise when there were no Dagenham & Redbridge players involved. The likes of Sam Saunders, Paul Benson and Ben Strevens have all been overlooked despite the club staying
THE PFA League Two team of the year was announced on Sunday, and it was a massive surprise when there were no Dagenham & Redbridge players involved, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
The likes of Sam Saunders, Paul Benson and Ben Strevens have all been overlooked despite the club staying in League Two last year, and spending all of the this season in and around the play-off places.
With their miniscule playing budget, it is some achievement for Daggers to even be plying their trade at this level, but that hasn't been recognised.
Manager John Still should be in contention for the manager of the year award at the end of the season, along with the likes of Morecambe's Sammy McIllroy and Exeter's Paul Tisdale, but don't be surprised if that goes to Brentford's Andy Scott.
You may also want to watch:
League Two team: Scott Shearer (Wycombe), Neil Austin (Darlington), Simon King (Gillingham), David McCracken (Wycombe), Tom Kennedy (Rochdale), Omar Daley (Bradford), Dany N'Guessan (Lincoln), Ben Davies (Shrewsbury), Tommy Doherty (Wycombe), Andy Bishop (Bury), Grant Holt (Shrewsbury).
Should there have been any Daggers in the team of the year? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 2 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 3 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 4 Budding entrepreneur from Dagenham wins business pitch competition
- 5 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Barking MP joins schoolchildren for managing money lesson
- 8 Steve Allen: 'Oxford students should vote on Magdalen pronunciation instead'
- 9 Dagenham set to announce retained list with three already departing
- 10 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
The Recorder is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Recorder_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.