Daggers left out in PFA awards
THE PFA League Two team of the year was announced on Sunday, and it was a massive surprise when there were no Dagenham & Redbridge players involved. The likes of Sam Saunders, Paul Benson and Ben Strevens have all been overlooked despite the club staying
THE PFA League Two team of the year was announced on Sunday, and it was a massive surprise when there were no Dagenham & Redbridge players involved, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
The likes of Sam Saunders, Paul Benson and Ben Strevens have all been overlooked despite the club staying in League Two last year, and spending all of the this season in and around the play-off places.
With their miniscule playing budget, it is some achievement for Daggers to even be plying their trade at this level, but that hasn't been recognised.
Manager John Still should be in contention for the manager of the year award at the end of the season, along with the likes of Morecambe's Sammy McIllroy and Exeter's Paul Tisdale, but don't be surprised if that goes to Brentford's Andy Scott.
League Two team: Scott Shearer (Wycombe), Neil Austin (Darlington), Simon King (Gillingham), David McCracken (Wycombe), Tom Kennedy (Rochdale), Omar Daley (Bradford), Dany N'Guessan (Lincoln), Ben Davies (Shrewsbury), Tommy Doherty (Wycombe), Andy Bishop (Bury), Grant Holt (Shrewsbury).
Should there have been any Daggers in the team of the year? Email: email@example.com
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Cycling festival coming to Barking
- 4 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 5 40 firefighters tackle Anchor Close blaze
- 6 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 9 Savvy driver saves ducks who had strayed onto the A13
- 10 Council leader on the borough's future, CPZs and receiving death threats
The Recorder is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Recorder_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.