Daggers release five from squad
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still has started his summer clear-out by releasing five players from the squad. Jon Boardman, Richard Graham, Jacob Erskine, Michael Alaile and Richard Priest have all been allowed to leave Victoria Road after their cont
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE manager John Still has started his summer clear-out by releasing five players from the squad, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
Jon Boardman, Richard Graham, Jacob Erskine, Michael Alaile and Richard Priest have all been allowed to leave Victoria Road after their contracts expired.
Boardman's departure had been on the cards for a while after he made just one appearance this season due to injury and he has now signed a deal with former club Woking.
"Jon had a season that was ruined by injury, and I just couldn't commit myself," said Still about the centre half who played 43 games in total for Daggers, scoring three goals.
Winger Graham was also another who had been expected to leave as the former Barnet man spent the second half of the season on loan at Blue Square Premier side Kettering Town.
"Richard is another who has moved on and I wish him all the best," said Still.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after fight reported on Heathway in Dagenham
- 2 Truck towing stolen Rolls Royce SUV crashes before dramatic foot chase
- 3 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 4 Man in critical condition after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 5 Footballer convicted of hate crime after homophobic abuse of opponent
- 6 Woman taken to hospital after Dagenham Heathway station incident
- 7 One man injured after A13 crash involving car, van and lorry
- 8 Man denies charges after drugs raids as east London duo await trial
- 9 Woman hospitalised after Dagenham garden bonfire gets out of control
- 10 David Adegbite murder: £20,000 reward offered over Barking carpark shooting
Erskine, Alaile and Priest never featured for Daggers in a first-team game, but it will give the likes of Harlee Dean and Tommy Tejan-Sie the chance to force themselves into the reckoning.
Has Still made the right move in releasing these players? Email: email@example.com
The Recorder is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Recorder_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.