Daggers release Southam
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE midfielder Glen Southam has left the club after his contract was cancelled by mutual consent. The 28-year-old joined Daggers from Bishop s Stortford in 2004 and made 229 appearances, second only behind Tony Roberts in the current squa
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE midfielder Glen Southam has left the club after his contract was cancelled by mutual consent, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
The 28-year-old joined Daggers from Bishop's Stortford in 2004 and made 229 appearances, second only behind Tony Roberts in the current squad, scoring 28 goals.
He made 35 appearances this season in all competition, but found that the majority of them were from the bench as Peter Gain and Solomon Taiwo forged an effective midfield partnership.
After leaving Victoria Round, Southam said: "I have had an amazing fives years with Dagenham & Redbridge which have given me the happiest memories of my football career to date and I will be sad to be leaving, but I feel that at this stage in my career, I need a fresh challenge.
You may also want to watch:
"I would like to thank John and the club for my opportunity to develop my skills over the past five years, but also for this opportunity to seek pastures new. I would also like to thank my team-mates and for the fantastic support given to me over the years by all Daggers supporters."
Meanwhile, manager John Still added: "Glen has been an integral part in the rise of this club, he was my first signing and should always be remembered for the part he played in the success we have enjoyed and I wish him well wherever he may go."
- 1 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 2 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 3 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 4 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 5 Barking and Dagenham Council chief executive to depart
- 6 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 7 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 8 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
Are Daggers right to release Glen Southam? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Recorder is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Recorder_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.