Daggers sign striker
Dagenham & Redbridge have confirmed the signing of Dorchester Town striker Phil Walsh for an undisclosed fee.
by MIKE SIMMONDS
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have confirmed the signing of Dorchester Town striker Phil Walsh for an undisclosed fee.
The 25-year-old, who can also play in the centre of defence, has moved to Victoria Road and signed a two-and-a-half year deal until May 2012.
Walsh, who has been playing in defence for Dorchester this season, has still managed to score four goals in the Blue Square South.
You may also want to watch:
The six-foot three-inch player, who began his career at Almondsbury, has had spells at Clevedon Town, Taunton Town before joining Bath City in 2005.
Although he helped Bath to the Southern League title, he was sent on loan to Paulton Rovers and Tiverton Town (twice).
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 7 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
Walsh moved to Newport County during the 2008 close season, but rejoined Tiverton on loan in September, before making the move permanent in January 2009.
Having scored 14 goals in his three spells at Tiverton he moved south to Dorchester in March 2009.
Manager John Still recently told the Post: "We've agreed to bring in Phil from Dorchester and I'm delighted to make the signing.
"We will be paying a fee for him, but it's only a small one.
"He is a six foot three inch centre-forward and will add to our front-line.
"We haven't got the biggest of squads, so signing Phil definitely strengthens that."
Besides the fee, Daggers have agreed to play a pre-season fixture at Dorchester prior to the 2010/11 season.
The Post is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Post_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.