Daggers snare Lockwood
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have signed Colchester United left back Matt Lockwood on a months loan and he will go straight into the squad for tomorrow s match with Port Vale.
by MIKE SIMMONDS
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have signed Colchester United left back Matt Lockwood on a months loan and he will go straight into the squad for tomorrow's match with Port Vale.
The 33-year-old was allowed to leave by Us boss Adie Boothroyd and Daggers manager John Still was quick to snap the experienced defender up after Scott Griffiths moved to Peterborough last week.
"I'm delighted to have such an experienced player as Matt joining us on loan," said Still.
"Matt knows the game very well and has played at the level in the past. He already knows and is friends with a number of our squad already.
"Matt is an ideal short term replacement for Scott Griffiths whilst we continue to find a permanent signing."
- 1 Man in 50s in hospital after Dagenham stabbing
- 2 Barking and Dagenham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 Murder charge after man, 60, found fatally injured in Dagenham
- 4 Local 18-year-old filmmaker gears up for ‘ambitious’ first feature-length film
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 7 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 8 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 9 Summer of Festivals Weekender draws thousands to Parsloes Park
- 10 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
Lockwood, who began his career at QPR before moving to Bristol Rovers is best known from his time at Leyton Orient as he spent nine years at Brisbane Road, making almost 400 appearances and scoring over 50 goals.
After leaving Orient, the full back joined Nottingham Forest, but his spell at the City Ground didn't really work out, and he signed for Colchester, before spending time at Barnet on loan last year.
Lockwood has made just two appearances this season, but did start Colchester's game last weekend as he played 63 minutes of the clash with Walsall, which the Us won 2-1.
If you would like to comment on this story, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Post is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Post_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.