Daggers snare Lockwood
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have signed Colchester United left back Matt Lockwood on a months loan and he will go straight into the squad for tomorrow s match with Port Vale.
by MIKE SIMMONDS
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have signed Colchester United left back Matt Lockwood on a months loan and he will go straight into the squad for tomorrow's match with Port Vale.
The 33-year-old was allowed to leave by Us boss Adie Boothroyd and Daggers manager John Still was quick to snap the experienced defender up after Scott Griffiths moved to Peterborough last week.
"I'm delighted to have such an experienced player as Matt joining us on loan," said Still.
You may also want to watch:
"Matt knows the game very well and has played at the level in the past. He already knows and is friends with a number of our squad already.
"Matt is an ideal short term replacement for Scott Griffiths whilst we continue to find a permanent signing."
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
Lockwood, who began his career at QPR before moving to Bristol Rovers is best known from his time at Leyton Orient as he spent nine years at Brisbane Road, making almost 400 appearances and scoring over 50 goals.
After leaving Orient, the full back joined Nottingham Forest, but his spell at the City Ground didn't really work out, and he signed for Colchester, before spending time at Barnet on loan last year.
Lockwood has made just two appearances this season, but did start Colchester's game last weekend as he played 63 minutes of the clash with Walsall, which the Us won 2-1.
If you would like to comment on this story, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Post is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Post_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.