Daggers winger Dobson pleased to score against former club Sutton
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Dagenham & Redbridge winger James Dobson was pleased to nab a goal against his former club Sutton United as they sealed a 2-0 win.
The 27-year-old netted on the stroke of half-time just moments after Reece Grant found the net to give Daggers the lead..
"I've had some good memories here, despite being here for such a short time, but tonight was about getting the result.
"I'm really happy to get a goal obviously and the clean sheet as well."
He added: "We knew we had a job to do, the gaffer went on about having a good attitude here because Sutton are going to come out and try play at home.
You may also want to watch:
"The goals we got came at the right times and gave us advantage going in at half-time.
"It was just then a case of getting the job done as we knew they'd have spells where they were going to come at us but I thought we managed it really well."
- 1 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 3 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 4 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 5 Mum plans 30-mile walk to Barking Station to raise money to help son take first steps
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 8 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 9 London boroughs with fastest and slowest wage growth revealed
- 10 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'