Daggers turn down bid for Strevens
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have turned down a bid from League Two leaders Wycombe Wanderers for striker Ben Strevens. Strevens, 29, has formed a lethal partnership with Paul Benson this season and after scoring 11 goals in all competitions, Daggers would be loa
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE have turned down a bid from League Two leaders Wycombe Wanderers for striker Ben Strevens.
Strevens, 29, has formed a lethal partnership with Paul Benson this season and after scoring 11 goals in all competitions, Daggers would be loathe to let him leave with the club still in the hunt for automatic promotion.
A statement on the Daggers website said: "Dagenham & Redbridge received an offer for striker Ben Strevens from Wycombe Wanderers.
"Ben has never expressed any interest in leaving the club before the end of his contract which expires in the summer.
"The club do not want to lose his services and, after consultation with the player, the club decided to turn down the offer from Wycombe.
"Ben is fully committed to helping the Daggers to achieve the highest possible finish in the league."
- 1 NHS trust celebrates success in cutting long-term waiting list to almost zero following administrative error
- 2 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 3 Council clears illegal encampment under Ripple Road flyover
- 4 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 5 Boris Johnson will resign as Tory leader today
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 8 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 9 Inquest told Zara Aleena died from head and neck injuries
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
If you would like to comment on this story, or today's transfer deadline day, then email: firstname.lastname@example.org