Daggers v Bradford PLAYER RATINGS
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE earned maximum points with a fine 2-1 victory over Bradford City on Saturday, here is how we rated the players.
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE earned maximum points with a fine 2-1 victory over Bradford City on Saturday.
Here is how we rated the players.
GK: Tony Roberts - 7 - excellent tip over in the first half and showed good handling at the death, but might have been disappointed with his punch for Bradford's equaliser.
RB: Abu Ogogo - 9 - STAR MAN - the fact that it was Ogogo who got the winner just topped off a superb display from the right back. Read the play, made his tackles, got forward whenever he could, a really promising start from the former Arsenal youngster.
You may also want to watch:
LB: Scott Griffiths - 9 - excellent display from Griffiths, who along with Ogogo turned in wonderful showings. Positioning sense seems to have improved no end this season and hopefully his withdrawal at the end was nothing serious.
CB: Mark Arber - 8 - another fine performance from the captain who cleared his lines impressively and also showed some flair in the second half with some ball juggling skills.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 'Not a matter of shifting blame': Port victim's family receives another apology from detectives on case
- 5 Stephen Port inquests: Police failed to flag up 'significant' incident
- 6 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 7 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
CB: Will Antwi - 8 - the whole of the back four played their part and Antwi was no different. Has formed a solid partnership with Arber and it is continuing to flourish.
RW: Danny Green - 8 - unlucky not to be on the scoresheet with a cracking effort that smashed against the bar and seems to get better with every game.
CM: - Tommy Tejan-Sie 7 - didn't appear nervous despite it being his full debut and gave a professional, tidy display, that belied his tender age. Really came into the game later on with some excellent touches and passing.
CM: Stuart Thurgood - 8 - yet again the engine room of any Daggers performance as he never stopped going and showed once more, he has plenty of ability to knock the ball around too.
LW: Peter Gain - 7 - on the left flank again but did his fair share of graft and also put in some dangerous crosses whenever he could.
CF: Jon Nurse - 8 - won the penalty and helped set up Ogogo's winner, he gave the Bradford defence a torrid time with his never say die attitude.
CF: Paul Benson - 8 - horrible penalty, but that was the only blot on an otherwise great day for Benson. Got back on the scoring trail with a typical poachers finish and led the line excellently once more.
Scott Doe (Griffiths 88) - 7 - thrust into the play late on, but like the rest of the defence, put his body in the way to make an important block when it mattered.
Graeme Montgomery (Nurse 90) - 6 - brought on to run the clock down and did his job!
SUBS NOT USED: Chris Lewington, Billy Bingham, Harlee Dean, Steven Demetriou.
Do you agree with these ratings? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Post is now on Twitter, so if you follow twitter.com/Post_DagRed then you will get up to the minute updates on goings on at Victoria Road.