Daggers v Torquay PLAYER RATINGS
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE made it two wins out of two in a stunning victory over Torquay United at the weekend. Here is how we rated the players.GK: Tony Roberts - 6 – tried to dribble out of his goal when thumping the ball would have been the safe option, a
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE made it two wins out of two with a stunning victory over Torquay United at the weekend.
Here is how we rated the players.
GK: Tony Roberts - 6 - tried to dribble out of his goal when thumping the ball would have been the safe option, and wouldn't have been happy being beaten by Carayol's long-range strike, even though the ball swerved.
RB: Scott Doe - 7 - another impressive display from Doe, who is settling into the right back position well, and cleared everything that came his way.
LB: Scott Griffiths - 8 - almost managed his first competitive goal in years, and is getting forward far more this season already.
CB: Mark Arber - 8 - gave away a penalty, but it was an incredibly harsh decision, and still had the better of Sills and Rendell.
- 1 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 4 Travel disruptions to look out for this week across east London
- 5 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 6 Local makers market coming to Barking Riverside this Christmas
- 7 Residents without Covid jab should be challenged, senior councillor says
- 8 Man facing 'lifelong consequences' of Barking traffic cone assault
- 9 Hanukkah 2021: Five ways to celebrate in east London
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
CB: Will Antwi - 8 - another fine performance from Antwi, whose experience is proving invaluable this season.
RW: Danny Green - 8 - two fine strikes for his goals and continues to run at his man whenever he gets the ball, needs a bit of work on his final ball though.
CM: Solomon Taiwo - 9 - ran the game in the first half with a fine array of passing and is relishing the chance to take free kicks, hitting the bar with one stunning effort.
CM: Stuart Thurgood - 8 - gets through plenty of legwork in the midfield once again, and is proving an excellent foil for Taiwo.
LW: Peter Gain - 8 - finally ended his long goal drought and then even hit the post in the second half!
CF: Josh Scott - 9 - STAR MAN - if Scott can continue this early-season form, then John Still will have produced another gem. Held the ball up well and was willing to run the channels too, scored a terrific goal, and all the signs are very promising.
CF: Paul Benson - 7- missed a sitter by his standards and was kept fairly quiet throughout the game. There won't be many times and Daggers hit five and Benson isn't on target!
Wes Thomas (Scott 84) - 7 - made the most of the frenzied end to the match by netting his first Football League goal, and it was a fine strike too.
SUBS NOT USED: Chris Lewington, Alex Bentley, Abu Ogogo, Graeme Montgomery, Harlee Dean, Billy Bingham.
Do you agree with these ratings? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org