Man charged with custody of a fighting dog after boy attacked in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A man is due to appear in court after a child was attacked by a dog.
Arjun Grewal was six years old at the time of the attack in Ilchester Road, Dagenham, with police called to reports of a dangerous dog at 3.24pm on November 19 last year.
Police have charged Daljit Singh, of Ilchester Road, with two counts of ownership of a dog dangerously out of control causing injury and one count of custody of a fighting dog.
The 46-year old is due to appear for a plea hearing at Willesden Magistrates' Court on Thursday, April 2.
Two other people arrested in connection with the attack have been released with no further action.
You may also want to watch:
A Met spokesman said: 'A boy who was taken to hospital at the time was released, but continues to receive medical treatment.'
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 5 More than 100 attend first session of gangs awareness workshop run by detective
- 6 Letters: Covid rules, tenants' manifesto, Streetspace, help RAF veterans and support children's charity
- 7 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
- 8 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 9 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 10 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital