Dave Pitchford in Romford writes
I agree with Dave Brooks on Ashton. He has been injured for most of his time with the Club, and only seems to survive a short time when he does make his comebacks. Such a shame, - he was a great player, and to get crocked by SWP on his first England call-
I agree with Dave Brooks on Ashton. He has been injured for most of his time with the Club, and only seems to survive a short time when he does make his comebacks. Such a shame, - he was a great player, and to get crocked by SWP on his first England call-up was unbelievable.
I also absolutely agree when he says 'We have a very good Premiership squad of players apart from a goal poacher.'
The team is now strong in all areas except attack. Contrast this with the team we played on Saturday who were able to bring a 15 million pound striker off the bench to steal a goal for them.
Mind you I think Dave is being just a bit unrealistic when he says he would like a Torres. Everyone would like someone like him but the few available would be beyond our means, and beyond our ability to attract them.
You may also want to watch:
Also, I should say that I have not entirely given up on our current strikers, - goal scoring is of course the most difficult part of the game, and even proven strikers like Agbonlahor can have lean periods.
Also, we need to be getting more goals from midfield, - look at Fulham who are doing well despite the fact that neither of their strikers is hitting the net. It underlines the fact that football is more then anything a team game.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 4 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 5 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Businesses urged to comply with new food labelling law
- 8 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 9 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 10 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
But yes I agree, a striker needs to be top of our shopping list when the transfer window opens again.
Finally, on a completely different point, - I have seen reports that Zola and Clarke will soon be signing four year contracts, - that would be the best news of all.