Davenport out of Upton Park door
WEST HAM defender Calum Davenport has finally ended his nightmare spell at the club after he agreed a deal to leave Upton Park, WRITES DAVE EVANS. The 27-year-old centre half has been blighted by bad luck and personal problems since arriving in a �3millio
WEST HAM defender Calum Davenport has finally ended his nightmare spell at the club after he agreed a deal to leave Upton Park, WRITES DAVE EVANS.
The 27-year-old centre half has been blighted by bad luck and personal problems since arriving in a �3million deal from Spurs in January 2007.
In that time he made just 14 appearances, broke his neck on loan at Watford and fell out with manager Gianfranco Zola after being left out following an excellent display in the 1-1 draw at Chelsea last term.
Davenport also suffered knife wounds in an incident at his mother's house in Bedford, and will appear in court himself in August, charged with causing actual bodily harm to his sister in the same incident.
You may also want to watch:
Just two weeks ago, West Ham finance director Nick Igoe criticised the excessive salary that was being paid to the player in return for so few appearances and it seemed only a matter of time before he was removed from the wage bill.
That has now happened with a pay-off believed to be around �250,000.
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 9 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 10 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham