David Moss in Bath writes
Yes, I know the side needs strengthening in a number of areas. However, looking at some of our previous buys, I think that it is entirely sensible to get players on loan with the first option to buy. Jimenez looks a good bet - but who s to say that in a
Yes, I know the side needs strengthening in a number of areas. However, looking at some of our previous buys, I think that it is entirely sensible to get players on loan with the first option to buy.
Jimenez looks a good bet - but who's to say that in a year's time we'll all be glad that it was a loan deal.
Of course, we could be delighted with him and be waving the cheque book to secure the deal.
I think that we've done well with the established players still at the club, in spite of financial difficulties.
You may also want to watch:
I had thought that Upson was the most likely to go. I think that the clear policy of snapping up young talent at a reasonable price will prove to be a very astute move.
I still reckon that the Italian connection may bring a couple more players before the transfer window closes.
- 1 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 2 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 5 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 6 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 7 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 8 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 9 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 10 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
Whatever anyone thinks of Mr Duxbury - he is a businessman and no one in business wants to fail.
I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt and see what happens. We might be very pleasantly surprised.