David Moss in Bath writes
Yes, I know the side needs strengthening in a number of areas. However, looking at some of our previous buys, I think that it is entirely sensible to get players on loan with the first option to buy. Jimenez looks a good bet - but who s to say that in a
Yes, I know the side needs strengthening in a number of areas. However, looking at some of our previous buys, I think that it is entirely sensible to get players on loan with the first option to buy.
Jimenez looks a good bet - but who's to say that in a year's time we'll all be glad that it was a loan deal.
Of course, we could be delighted with him and be waving the cheque book to secure the deal.
I think that we've done well with the established players still at the club, in spite of financial difficulties.
You may also want to watch:
I had thought that Upson was the most likely to go. I think that the clear policy of snapping up young talent at a reasonable price will prove to be a very astute move.
I still reckon that the Italian connection may bring a couple more players before the transfer window closes.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 5 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 8 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 9 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 10 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
Whatever anyone thinks of Mr Duxbury - he is a businessman and no one in business wants to fail.
I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt and see what happens. We might be very pleasantly surprised.