David Moss in Bath writes
Yes, I know the side needs strengthening in a number of areas. However, looking at some of our previous buys, I think that it is entirely sensible to get players on loan with the first option to buy. Jimenez looks a good bet - but who s to say that in a
Yes, I know the side needs strengthening in a number of areas. However, looking at some of our previous buys, I think that it is entirely sensible to get players on loan with the first option to buy.
Jimenez looks a good bet - but who's to say that in a year's time we'll all be glad that it was a loan deal.
Of course, we could be delighted with him and be waving the cheque book to secure the deal.
I think that we've done well with the established players still at the club, in spite of financial difficulties.
I had thought that Upson was the most likely to go. I think that the clear policy of snapping up young talent at a reasonable price will prove to be a very astute move.
I still reckon that the Italian connection may bring a couple more players before the transfer window closes.
- 1 Company fined in court over builder's skips in Dagenham and Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford man has van crushed, given curfew for Barking and Dagenham fly-tips
- 3 Tossed cigarette in Chadwell Heath costs Beckton man almost £400
- 4 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 5 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Covid: Weekly admissions halve as patient counts drop to July 2021 levels
- 10 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
Whatever anyone thinks of Mr Duxbury - he is a businessman and no one in business wants to fail.
I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt and see what happens. We might be very pleasantly surprised.