David Moss in Bath writes
Good for you Albert! I can t understand the doom and gloom. We have three current England internationals, and considering who produced another three (Lampard, Johnson and Defoe) and another two who probably would have played (Ferdinand and Cole) - I would
Good for you Albert!
I can't understand the doom and gloom. We have three current England internationals, and considering who produced another three (Lampard, Johnson and Defoe) and another two who probably would have played (Ferdinand and Cole) - I would say there isn't a lot wrong with the famous Academy production line.
Collinson, Tompkins and Stanislas look the business and if the other (very good) players that we have, have the CONFIDENCE to step up, we can have a really good season.
The Millwall game showed that the team have CHARACTER.
You may also want to watch:
The season is barely under way. Let's give it 8-10 games before we CASTIGATE the management, the players, the tea ladies, other fans etc etc.
In spite of a dreadful financial position, we only sold Collins and kept Green and Upson - not bad!
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 7 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 8 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 9 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
The centre back cover is very deep at West Ham and to my way of thinking made good sense - as is the policy of loan deals with an option to buy.
If Jimenez "cuts the mustard" we do very nicely, thank you very much; if he doesn't we haven't been saddled with an expensive addition to the payroll.
Come on folks, cheer up. With potentially three Hammers in the England squad for 2010 the club could win back the World Cup!