Deadly duo make it at the double
DUDLEY O Shaughnessy and Billy Morgan completed a West Ham title double at the NE London ABA Championships at Hornchurch on Friday, as they made it two wins out of two entries for the Hammers. O Shaughnessy blasted his way to the welterweight title with t
DUDLEY O'Shaughnessy and Billy Morgan completed a West Ham title double at the NE London ABA Championships at Hornchurch on Friday, as they made it two wins out of two entries for the Hammers.
O'Shaughnessy blasted his way to the welterweight title with two inside the distance wins against local rivals. Newham's Jamie Anthony was the first victim, as the Hammer's first round punches brought their clash to an early end.
Gareth Thomas (Peacock) was the next to taste the power punches of the talented Hammers' prospect and once again, it was all over in quick time as the well-placed power shots rocked the Canning Town club hope and forced the referee's intervention.
Morgan also eliminated a Peacock rival when he came out on top of a keenly fought clash against Dean Burrell in the featherweight decider.
You may also want to watch:
Burrell battled all the way, but it was the Hammer's more effective attacks that swayed a majority verdict in his favour.
It's next stop the London semi-finals and finals, both taking place at York Hall tomorrow night (Thursday).
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 9 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 10 What's on across East London this weekend?