Deadly duo make it at the double
DUDLEY O Shaughnessy and Billy Morgan completed a West Ham title double at the NE London ABA Championships at Hornchurch on Friday, as they made it two wins out of two entries for the Hammers. O Shaughnessy blasted his way to the welterweight title with t
DUDLEY O'Shaughnessy and Billy Morgan completed a West Ham title double at the NE London ABA Championships at Hornchurch on Friday, as they made it two wins out of two entries for the Hammers.
O'Shaughnessy blasted his way to the welterweight title with two inside the distance wins against local rivals. Newham's Jamie Anthony was the first victim, as the Hammer's first round punches brought their clash to an early end.
Gareth Thomas (Peacock) was the next to taste the power punches of the talented Hammers' prospect and once again, it was all over in quick time as the well-placed power shots rocked the Canning Town club hope and forced the referee's intervention.
Morgan also eliminated a Peacock rival when he came out on top of a keenly fought clash against Dean Burrell in the featherweight decider.
You may also want to watch:
Burrell battled all the way, but it was the Hammer's more effective attacks that swayed a majority verdict in his favour.
It's next stop the London semi-finals and finals, both taking place at York Hall tomorrow night (Thursday).
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 7 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 8 Former child refugee who founded Barking women's service up for award
- 9 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 10 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?