Dagenham to host record label’s first DEFECTED London FSTVL
- Credit: Archant
Dagenham is set to host an independent house music record label’s first ever festival.
DEFECTED London FSTVL organisers expect 10,000 partygoers to descend on Central Park in Rainham Road North for the day-long event this Saturday, September 14.
Owner and founder of DEFECTED Records, Simon Dunmore, said: "London is our heartland and we wanted to stick our flag firmly in the ground on home turf.
"The cultural and musical diversity in our city grows ever stronger and we are proud to bring people together through music.
"With it being our 20th anniversary this year, it just felt like the right moment to do our first London festival."
You may also want to watch:
Acts appearing on one of the event's five stages include Honey Dijon, Horse Meat Disco, Dimitri from Paris, Purple Disco Machine, Todd Terry, Masters at Work and Sam Divine.
The independent label is credited with being at the forefront of the house music scene, with more than 600 singles released to date.
- 1 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 2 Dagenham rallies round to make memories for family of 'joyful, little' tot with cancer
- 3 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 4 Town hall seeks powers to prevent 'unsightly' loft extensions
- 5 Free parking for NHS staff and key workers extended
- 6 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 8 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 9 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 10 More than half of people in Barking and Dagenham may have had Covid, data shows
DEFECTED has also hosted nights at London clubs.
Tickets are available from £54 (plus a booking fee) at Defected's website.