Search

Dishwasher causes fire

PUBLISHED: 16:41 20 May 2008 | UPDATED: 10:36 11 August 2010

AN ELECTRICAL fault in a dishwasher has been blamed for a fire which engulfed a kitchen in Rush Green. Firefighters were called to the house in Gorseway after receiving reports of smoke billowing from the windows at 2.30pm on Bank Holiday Monday. Dagenh

AN ELECTRICAL fault in a dishwasher has been blamed for a fire which engulfed a kitchen in Rush Green.

Firefighters were called to the house in Gorseway after receiving reports of smoke billowing from the windows at 2.30pm on Bank Holiday Monday.

Dagenham's Green Watch crew used breathing apparatus and a hose reel to bring the blaze under control.

There was nobody in the property at the time, and damage was restricted to 20 per cent of the ground floor.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Barking and Dagenham Post. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Barking and Dagenham Post