Diversity win Britain's Got Talent
DAGENHAM dance troupe Diversity are set for stardom after winning tonight s Britain s Got Talent final. Around 15million viewers watched as the 10-strong group beat acts including singers Susan Boyle and 10-year-old Hollie Steel to scoop the title. Boo
DAGENHAM dance troupe Diversity are set for stardom after winning tonight's Britain's Got Talent final.
Around 15million viewers watched as the 10-strong group beat acts including singers Susan Boyle and 10-year-old Hollie Steel to scoop the title.
Bookies' favourite, 48-year-old Ms Boyle came runner-up to 14-1 outsiders Diversity.
Their stunned choreographer Ashley Banjo told hosts Ant McPartlin and Dec Donnelly: "When you said our name I thought I was dreaming. Everyone who has voted - you have changed our lives."
You may also want to watch:
The group, whose members are aged from 12 to 25, first got together in 2007.
They stunned celebrity judges Simon Cowell, Piers Morgan and Amanda Holden with their transformer dance routine.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Dagenham MP Jon Cruddas in 'crisis' warning over local plan
- 6 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 7 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 8 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
As they took their bows, Simon "Mr Nasty" Cowell told the lads: "This is the only performance of the night, if we were giving marks, I would have given a 10. It was sheer and utter perfection."
The boys will pocket �100,000 and get the chance to perform at the Royal Variety Show later this year.