Dagenham GP makes generous donation to children at King George and Queen’s hospitals
- Credit: Archant
A generous donation by a GP from Emerson Park has put smiles on faces at King George and Queen’s hospitals.
Dr Tina Teotia writes children’s books alongside working at Dagenham’s Green Lane Surgery.
She said: “Being involved in the Covid fight locally I saw the impact of the virus, especially on children. I do charity work with children anyway, but this time I wanted to do something for kids in the area.”
She has already written five books — three for daughter Ava and two for son Aiden — which she sells on Amazon.
She has donated a box of these books, alongside the proceeds from online sales, to the King George and Queen’s Hospitals Charity.
You may also want to watch:
The children have also been given 75 rainbow bears, complete with NHS tags added by Tina, Ava and Aiden.
To support the hospitals charity visit bhrhospitals.nhs.uk/our-charity; to buy Tina’s books visit pinkytail.co.uk/shop.
- 1 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham primary scoops second mental health award
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 Station Parade traffic curbs get green light
- 5 More than 100 attend first session of gangs awareness workshop run by detective
- 6 Appeal after shots fired at house in Dagenham
- 7 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 8 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 9 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 10 Warning over 'blatant' lockdown breaches after Dagenham house party