Dagenham GP makes generous donation to children at King George and Queen’s hospitals
- Credit: Archant
A generous donation by a GP from Emerson Park has put smiles on faces at King George and Queen’s hospitals.
Dr Tina Teotia writes children’s books alongside working at Dagenham’s Green Lane Surgery.
She said: “Being involved in the Covid fight locally I saw the impact of the virus, especially on children. I do charity work with children anyway, but this time I wanted to do something for kids in the area.”
She has already written five books — three for daughter Ava and two for son Aiden — which she sells on Amazon.
She has donated a box of these books, alongside the proceeds from online sales, to the King George and Queen’s Hospitals Charity.
You may also want to watch:
The children have also been given 75 rainbow bears, complete with NHS tags added by Tina, Ava and Aiden.
To support the hospitals charity visit bhrhospitals.nhs.uk/our-charity; to buy Tina’s books visit pinkytail.co.uk/shop.
- 1 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 2 Padnall Lake, teachers in pandemic, hearing loss and Covid insurance
- 3 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 4 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 5 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Organisers seek former Mayesbrook teachers to join school reunion
- 8 Hundreds of shops found not complying with Covid rules
- 9 Man recalled to prison after persistent anti-social behaviour in Dagenham cul de sac
- 10 Second blaze breaks out at White Horse pub in Chadwell Heath