Dog owners are at fault
I am writing with regard to your story which appeared on the front page this week. ( 9/9/09) Dogs Terror Attack. Firstly, I feel for the family of Tiger, I know first hand how it affects you when your cat is attacked by a dog. Luckily my little cat wasn
I am writing with regard to your story which appeared on the front page this week. ( 9/9/09) Dogs Terror Attack.
Firstly, I feel for the family of Tiger, I know first hand how it affects you when your cat is attacked by a dog. Luckily my little cat wasn't killed.
Secondly, I feel that it is the owner of the dog who should pay dearly for the actions of their animal.
Since the attack on my cat, I am living in fear every time I let my cats out.
You may also want to watch:
Recently my neighbour's dog, who was on a lead, was attacked by two dogs that were off the lead and sustained horrific injuries.
So far, where I live, two cats and now a dog have been attacked by dogs without leads and both attacks on the cats happened when the cats were on private drives.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 'Not a matter of shifting blame': Port victim's family receives another apology from detectives on case
- 5 Stephen Port inquests: Police failed to flag up 'significant' incident
- 6 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
When you call the RSPCA all you get told is " there isn't anything we can do because the owners of these dogs didn't 'command' their dogs to attack
The police are no more help either, they tell you to pursue the dog's owners through civil court!
What you're really trying to do is have the dog owners warned about keeping their dogs on a lead so that some other poor animal isn't savaged and killed!
It isn't the breed of the dog that is, it's the owners.
The only reason it's the same breed of dog that is always in trouble is because they are the popular tough breeds!